Upgrade your keto chicken salad with SPICY jalapeno peppers and cream cheese. This creamy salad will go great on my keto bagels!
I originally was going to make this an egg salad but decided that it would be more suitable for chicken.. and let me tell you – it is delicious!
It has a tame but spicy kick as well as a little bit of sweetness and a little bit of sour. All form one big yummy party in your mouth.
Now if you don’t know how to shred chicken – it’s super easy. All you have to do is boil the chicken in water until completely cooked and then use two forks to rip it apart! Thankfully I found already shredded chicken at the grocery store but the amount I used is about equal to 2 chicken breasts.
As for the rest of the salad, it’s fairly versatile. You can add or take away anything you want. I preferred to serve alongside some avocado. It’s so refreshing!
Keto Chicken Salad Jalapeno Popper Style
Upgrade your chicken salad with some SPICY jalapenos and cheese. This delicious dish will be perfect to put on a keto bagel or wrap! Very low carb.
- 280g (2 breasts) shredded/torn chicken
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (110g) mayonnaise
- 3 legs/ribs/sticks celery - chopped
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1/4 cup (5g) parsley - chopped
- 1-2 stalks green onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup (45g) jalapenos - chopped
- 1-2 squeezes of lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar substitute1 cup (100g) cheese
- This recipe is fairly straightforward - add the COOKED shredded/torn chicken along with the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Keep sealed and in refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
This makes approximately 5 servings.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- CALS: 355
- FAT: 28.3
- CARBS: 4.9
- FIBRE: 1.2
- NET CARBS: 3.7
- PROTEIN: 24.1