A few weeks ago I made some delicious fathead & egg free keto donuts! I loved them and they are super delicious but you can’t fry them. So I figured I’d try to make keto donut holes that are FRIED.
So a difference between these two recipes is that these donut holes have eggs. It is necessary to have eggs. I did try it without it but the batter dissolved into the oil and it was a mess. Did not work. So do NOT skip over the eggs.
I always get questions on whether you can skip the protein powder – I will say no. It gives it that fluffy bready texture. I used whey isolate however you could also use collagen protein powder or any other keto friendly protein powder.
Secondly, you don’t have to use unflavoured – you can use any flavour you like! You’d probably still have to add a touch of flavour extract, like vanilla, banana etc. I used vanilla as well as Oooflavors Vanilla Cupcake which is AMAZING.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients.
- Add in the olive oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix until you have a thick batter.
- Place the oil/drippings into a deep saucepan over medium/medium-low heat.
- Use wet hands to make a small ball of dough. The ball should be about half the size of a golf ball.
- Drop the dough ball into oil/drippings and fry on medium for 5-ish minutes.
- Let cool and continue to fry the rest of the dough.
- **If you find that your donut holes aren't cooked all the way through - you can throw them in the microwave for 10 second intervals until cooked however 5 minutes in the fryer should be fine)**
This makes 10 donut holes.
Nutritional Information per donut hole:
- CALS: 101
- FAT: 7.9
- CARBS: 2.5
- FIBRE: 1.2
- NET CARBS: 1.3
- PROTEIN: 6.3