Hot damn – a birthday cake ‘sprinkles’ and all!
Ok, so I’ll admit, the first time I made this it was a DISASTER. I took it out of the oven and it completely collapsed.. but with a few tweakings of the oven temperature, this time around it came out GREAT.
For the sprinkles, I decided to use unsweetened coconut flakes and used a food colouring. Now most food colouring is made from caramelized sugar. I used Club House liquid food colouring that doesn’t seem to have any sugar in it. You can skip this step if you don’t feel comfortable.
For the icing, I made a cream cheese white chocolate chip frosting and boy it is delicious. This also doubles as a two-in-one recipe! I also go over how to make white chocolate!
My first book – Keto Cravings – is on sale now! Click here to go to the Amazon Page!
4 heaping tbsp unsweetened coconut
Liquid food colouring
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup sugar substitute (I used a monk fruit/erythritol blend)
100g melted butter
2 cups almond flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
16oz cream cheese (2 bricks)
4 oz cacao butter
6 1/2 tbsp powered sweetener (I used Swerve Confectioners)
1 tsp vanilla
- Separate your coconut flakes evenly into 4 or 5 different bowls.
- Add 4 drops of liquid food colouring into a bowl and mix with a toothpick.
- Continue with a different colour for each bowl.
- Set them aside and let them dry out.
- In a bowl, mix together your cake ingredients.
- Pour into a cake pan. I used a 7 inch springform pan lined with parchment paper.
- Top with a little bit of the sprinkles and use a spatula to spread them around.
- Bake at 350 for roughly 30 minutes or until you can put a toothpick into it and it comes out clean
- Let it cool and put in the second cake if necessary (I only had one pan).
- For the icing, heat up your cacao butter on LOW until melted.
- Add 3 1/2 tbsp of powdered sweetener. Place it on a flat sheet (plate, cookie sheet etc) and let it cool/harden.
- In a bowl, beat your cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in your hardened chocolate and 3 more tbsp of powdered sweetener and beat until incorporated.
- Once your cakes have cooled, place a BIG dollop of icing on the top of one and spread it evenly around. Place the other cake on top,
- Scrape the rest of the icing onto the cake and spread around until covered.
- Use the rest of the sprinkles for decoration.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 425 Total Fat: 40.6g Carbohydrates: 6.3g Fiber: 2.3g Protein: 8.7g