Hot damn – a keto birthday cake ‘sprinkles’ and all! No sugar, no grains and no gluten! Whip up this easy cake for your next birthday!
Ok, so I’ll admit, the first time I made this it was a DISASTER. I took it out of the oven and it completely collapsed.. but with a few tweaks of the oven temperature, this time around it came out GREAT.
For the sprinkles, I decided to use unsweetened coconut flakes and used a food colouring. Now most food colouring is made from caramelized sugar. I used Club House liquid food colouring that doesn’t seem to have any sugar in it. You can skip this step if you don’t feel comfortable.
My first book – Keto Cravings – is on sale now! Click here to go to the Amazon Page!
For the icing, I made a cream cheese white chocolate chip frosting and boy it is delicious. This also doubles as a two-in-one recipe! I also go over how to make white chocolate!
So enjoy this delicious keto birthday cake and most importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
If you’re looking for some other delicious kinds of cake, try our chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, Kentucky Butter Cake, Reeses Peanut Butter Cake or our 1-minute mug cakes!
4 heaping tbsp unsweetened coconut
Liquid food colouring
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup sugar substitute (I used a monk fruit/erythritol blend)
100g melted butter
2 cups almond flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
16oz cream cheese (2 bricks)
4 oz cacao butter
6 1/2 tbsp powered sweetener (I used Swerve Confectioners)
1 tsp vanilla
- Separate your coconut flakes evenly into 4 or 5 different bowls.
- Add 4 drops of liquid food colouring into a bowl and mix with a toothpick.
- Continue with a different colour for each bowl.
- Set them aside and let them dry out.
- In a bowl, mix together your cake ingredients.
- Pour into a cake pan. I used a 7 inch springform pan lined with parchment paper.
- Top with a little bit of the sprinkles and use a spatula to spread them around.
- Bake at 350 for roughly 30 minutes or until you can put a toothpick into it and it comes out clean
- Let it cool and put in the second cake if necessary (I only had one pan).
- For the icing, heat up your cacao butter on LOW until melted.
- Add 3 1/2 tbsp of powdered sweetener. Place it on a flat sheet (plate, cookie sheet etc) and let it cool/harden.
- In a bowl, beat your cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in your hardened chocolate and 3 more tbsp of powdered sweetener and beat until incorporated.
- Once your cakes have cooled, place a BIG dollop of icing on the top of one and spread it evenly around. Place the other cake on top,
- Scrape the rest of the icing onto the cake and spread around until covered.
- Use the rest of the sprinkles for decoration.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 425 Total Fat: 40.6g Carbohydrates: 6.3g Fiber: 2.3g Protein: 8.7g