Super easy, super delicious and totally keto! I miss bananas SO much. They are one of my favourite tastes. I saw some banana flavouring at the store the other day and decided to give it a try. I was NOT disappointed.
Now success really depends on what type of flavour you buy. Some taste too artificial, and more like banana candy (like those Runts!). I bought mine from a local baking store but one of my favourite brands for flavours is Oooflavors. Honestly they have SO MANY different kinds. This isn’t sponsored or an ad, I just really like their stuff.
If you really want to make these really fluffy, I highly recommend adding in a scoop or so of whey isolate. It will give your muffins lift and added fluffiness. You could use unflavoured, or even banana.. chocolate.. orange.. the possibilities are endless.
- 1/2 cup (70g) butter - melted
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar substitute (I used xylitol)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (96g) almond flour
- 1 tsp banana flavouring
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 sugar free chocolate bar (approx 35g) chips or shaved
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Whisk your butter and sugar substitute together in a mixing bowl.
- Add in your egg, flavours and extract.
- Pour in your almond flour & baking powder and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in your chocolate.
- Pour into a lined muffin tin and bake at 350f (175c) for roughly 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I used a large muffin tin and this made roughly 6.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per muffin)
- CALS: 285
- FAT: 27.9
- CARBS: 5.2
- FIBRE: 2
- NET CARBS: 3.2
- PROTEIN: 5.7