Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Keto sandwich bread! I have to say, this is the best keto bread recipe around! This is one of the most highly requested recipes in the keto world. Finally after TWO years of keto, I have found the primo bread recipe that will save a lot of cheat days.

The best part of this recipe is that it is SO EASY. Honestly, it takes me about 5 minutes to whip up plus 20-25 minutes in the oven. SO EASY.

Now let’s talk about baking with almond flour and protein powder. There’s no substituting in this recipe. Both are needed, but especially the protein powder.

best keto bread recipe, keto bread recipe, easy keto bread, easy keto sandwich bread, keto sandwich bread, keto white bread, keto bread, low carb bread, almond flour bread

Keto white bread straight outta the oven.

In regular bread, gluten is a prime ingredients and it is a protein. So when replicating a bread without gluten, you’ll need the extra protein to make sure it rises and acts similar to bread.

For this recipe, I used whey protein isolate. I have tried this with soy isolate and it has NOT worked, however I have heard feedback from other keto-ers that you could replace the whey with casein or egg protein and you will have similar results to the video.

keto bread recipe, best keto bread recipe, easy keto bread, easy keto sandwich bread, keto sandwich bread, keto white bread, keto bread, low carb bread, almond flour bread

Keto white bread toasted and buttered! The top slice is not toasted or buttered.

Again, no substitutions.. if you try this with coconut flour, you’ll need another nut-free flour to go with it otherwise the bread will turn out incredibly stiff and more like cardboard and styrofoam. I have tried and the results were NOT pretty.

My first book – Keto Cravings – is on Amazon now!

The best loaf pan size for this bread is 9×5.. if you use something bigger, you may have to double the recipe.

This keto sandwich bread will be great for toasting, french toast, grilled cheese and so much more!

Try it with our keto butter chicken, chicken pot pie, lasagna, chili con carne, and chile relleno!

Keto White Bread

Keto White Bread

Yield: 16
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Super easy bread that takes only 20 minutes to bake! Gluten and grain free, this keto loaf is perfect for grilled cheese, toasting or french toast!

Ingredients

Instructions

1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
  2. Slowly add in the water and stir until you get a dough.
  3. Pour into a loaf tin lined with parchment paper.
  4. Bake at 375°F / 190°C for 20-25 minutes.
  5. Take out and enjoy!

Notes

This makes roughly 16 slices.

Nutritional Information per slice:

• CALS: 136
  • FAT: 8.8
  • CARBS: 4.2
  • FIBRE: 2.3
  • NET CARBS: 1.9
  • PROTEIN: 11.9

Nutrition Information:
Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136 Total Fat: 8.8g Carbohydrates: 4.2g Fiber: 2.3g Protein: 11.9g
Liked it? Take a second to support hungryelephant on Patreon!

11 Comments

1. Ketoman

April 15, 2019 at 6:00 am

Hello
    is there any way to substitute xanthan gum with any other ingredient?
    thanks

• hungryelephant

April 15, 2019 at 8:05 am

You could probably use psyllium husk powder but I haven’t tried it!

2. Catherine

April 15, 2019 at 5:45 pm

I tried your bread rolls that I found on pinterest. They are sooo goood!!! My kids where getting tired of the eggy or cheesy tast of keto bread, and I don’t like the tast and texture of psyllium husk in bread so your bread is our new favorit!
    Thank you so much!

• hungryelephant

April 15, 2019 at 1:53 pm

So glad you like it!!

3. Alice

April 20, 2019 at 10:46 pm

I made your Keto White Bread today, or rather a flavored version of it! Unfortunately I did not realize that my Isopure whey powder was banana flavored until after I mixed ingredients together. Just grabbed the jar and missed that it said banana! Decided to go ahead and add some sweetening and other extras and went ahead and baked it. Not what I was going for, but it turned out very nicely. Just wanted to let you know that this is a recipe that you can doctor up. I will have more almond flour later this evening and plan to make the loaf as written at that time, and looking forward to it. Thank you for a great recipe!

4. Toni

May 4, 2019 at 2:40 pm

I love this bread! It is so easy to make and tastes great. What is the best way to freeze this bread?

• hungryelephant

May 4, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Id probably wrap it tightly in seran/cling wrap and then some foil!

5. Dorothy Ruiz

May 30, 2019 at 2:51 pm

Great recipe… just took it out of the oven and I had a slice buttered. no eggy taste! Can’t wait to use this for sandwiches! Next time I think I will add a little flavoring like garlic or onion.

Thank you!

6. Donna Goldstein

June 12, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Can’t wait to try this! Is there a whey protein isolate you recommend? I’m new to Keto baking.

• hungryelephant

June 12, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Hey! I recommend isopure! It’s the best I’ve found!

7. diana

June 17, 2019 at 6:59 pm

I’ve made this bread several times now and just love it. It has a texture kind of between a very fine pound cake and artisan white bread. It toasts beautifully, and is even good just plain, untoasted, with nothing on it. I like to put a few chopped nuts in the dough and then cover the unbaked loaf thickly with seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, etc.). I have been looking for a low carb bread recipe to replicate the fabulous nut and seeds breads I had in Scandinavia last fall, and this really fills the bill!