Who doesn’t love a little zucchini bread now and then? This spiced loaf is gluten, sugar and grain free! At only 2.8 net carbs per slice, you’ll be wanting doubles!
This recipe has been highly suggested for a while now and it took a few tries to get it down pat. The first few times I made it, the loaf had TOO much moisture so it was kind of soggy even after baking it for 45 minutes! (The second time I forgot the sugar substitutes so it was BLAND.)
Since the zucchini has a ton of water, its best to keep the amount of liquid you add LOW – I found just 2 eggs is reasonable and a perfect amount to make a bread that is moist but also is fluffy.
I would recommend that you grate the zucchini yourself. If you buy store bought grated zucchini, it tends to be too thick. They need to be thinly sliced so home grating is best.
Feel free to add walnuts or almonds for a bit of a CRUNCH. I left them out so they could be as low carb as possible.
If you like this bread, make sure to check out our banana bread, carrot cake, morning glory loaf or banana muffins!
Keto Zucchini Bread
Who doesn't love a little zucchini bread now and then? This spiced loaf is gluten, sugar and grain free! At only 2.8 net carbs per slice, you'll be wanting doubles!
- 2 zucchini - grated (approx 325g)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 6 tbsp white sugar substitute
- 6 tbsp brown sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (200g) almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Grate the zucchini into a mixing bowl.
- Use measuring spoons to add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, xanthan gum, and white and brown sugar substitutes. Mix together.
- Crack in the eggs and whisk again.
- Pour in the almond flour and the 2 tsp of baking powder. Stir.
- Spoon the batter into a 8x4 (or 9x5) loaf tin lined with parchment paper or greased.
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 45 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
This makes roughly 12 slices.
Nutritional lnformation per slice:
- FAT: 10.3
- CARBS: 5.3
- FIBRE: 2.5
- NET CARBS: 2.8
- PROTEIN: 5.4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 10.3gCarbohydrates: 5.3gFiber: 2.5gProtein: 5.4g
I made your recipe for the second time and we love it! This time I rolled the zucchini in a tea towel before adding the spices and sugars and it really made a difference texture wise. It’s absolutely wonderful toasted with cream cheese on top first thing in the morning. Thanks so much for making life easier for us recipe challenged. This recipe has already become a staple in my Keto arsenal.