Strawberry shortcake – a delicious dessert and now one of my favourites! It was incredibly tasty, fluffy and light!
I have to admit, it’s probably one of my more favourite desserts I’ve made. The cake is moist and with the addition of cream and strawberries, the cake is incredibly refreshing!
SO for this recipe, I used a 9-inch cake pan, but you can use smaller pans if you’d like. The cake will just be a little thicker and you might need to keep it in the oven 10 or so minutes longer so the centre will set.
Keto strawberry shortcake - a delicious dessert and now one of my favourites! It was incredibly tasty, fluffy and light! Gluten, grain and sugar free!
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (118ml) water
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup (50g) butter - melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (180g) almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups halved strawberries
- tsp vanilla
- 2 cups (approx 500ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar subtitute
- tbsp vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your wet cake ingredients. Stir in your almond flour and baking powder.
- Pour half the cake batter into a 9-inch cake pan lined with parchment paper or greased.. Pour the other half in a separate 9-inch cake pan (or cook afterwards if you only have 1 pan)
- Bake at 350 for approx 25 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool while you whip up your heavy cream, sugar substitute and vanilla. Whip to stiff peaks.
- Place one cake on a plate. Cover the top of the cake with whipped cream. Then add a layer of strawberries.
- Place the second cake on top and repeat - cover with whipped cream and then more strawberries.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
This makes approximately 12 slices.
- CALS: 291
- FAT: 27.7
- CARBS: 7.3
- FIBRE: 2.4
- NET CARBS: 4.9
- PROTEIN: 6.3
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 27.7gCarbohydrates: 7.3gFiber: 2.4gProtein: 6.3g